Forest certification in Belarus is carried out within the framework of the Forest Certification System of the National System of Conformity of the Republic of Belarus, recognized by the PEFC-Council in cooperation with interested republican government bodies, enterprises and organizations of the forestry sector, scientific and educational institutions, and public organizations.
Forest certification is based on the Forest Code of the Republic of Belarus, the forest legislation of the Republic of Belarus, environmental protection legislation, STB 1708 and other technical regulations regulating the reproduction, protection and protection of forests, timber and other forest resources, national criteria for sustainable forest management and Forestry, developed in accordance with the requirements of the "PEFC - Council".
The basic documents that establish the main provisions for carrying out work on forest certification are the "Regulations on Forest Certification in the Republic of Belarus", TCH 5.1.16 -2008 "National System for Conformity Assessment of the Republic of Belarus. Forest certification system. Main provisions ", TCH 5.4.02-2015" National system of confirmation of conformity of the Republic of Belarus. Forest certification system. Procedure of forest certification ".
Forest certification is based on the general principles proclaimed in international agreements and processes regulating the system of actions and measures for the preservation of certain components of the environment in which the Republic of Belarus participates: the Convention on the Conservation of European Wildlife (Bern, 1979), the Convention on Biological Diversity Rio de Janeiro, 1992), the Montreal Process (1994), etc., as well as the conventions of the International Labor Organization, ratified by the Republic of Belarus, Annex 6, the Law of the Republic of Belarus "On Labor Protection" N 356-З of 23 06. 2008, the Law of the Republic of Belarus "On Trade Unions" of 22 04 1992.
Forest certification is based on the following principles:
- Voluntariness - strictly voluntary participation in the procedure of forest certification of applicants for its conduct - future users with a forest certificate of conformity and a forest certification mark;
- Independence - excluding the influence of any interested parties on the results of accreditation and certification;
- Objectivity - evaluation of the objects of certification on the basis of objectively determined indicators and characteristics;
- competence - is provided with the necessary (confirmed in the certification process) qualifications, facilities and authorities of the participants in the certification procedure;
- openness - absence of restrictions on access to participation in works on certification and information on its activities, excluding information that constitutes a trade secret.
- integration into the unified certification system of the Republic of Belarus;
- integration into the PEFC, which is ensured by the membership of the Republic of Belarus in the PEFC Council, recognition of the Forest Certification System by the PEFC Council and obtaining the right to issue a PEFC certificate;
- integration of the Republic of Belarus into the European and world system of relations and obligations in the field of economy, ecology, human rights;
- involvement of a wide range of stakeholders in the certification process.
The purpose of forest certification is:
- achievement and maintenance of the level of forestry management, ensuring socially, ecologically and economically balanced and sustainable management of the forest resources of the Republic of Belarus on the basis of criteria for sustainable forest management and forest management.
- receipt, confirmation and provision of reliable information to the consumer about the content of forest products in raw materials, materials of reusable resources originating from certified woodcutters.
When conducting forest certification, certification of the forest management and forest management system is carried out and certification of forest products and products of its processing on the basis of origin.
Certification of the forest management and forest management system is carried out to confirm that the forest management and forest management system complies with the requirements of STB 1708 and ensures that the quality of forest management, forest management and forest resources is consistent with forest legislation, environmental protection legislation, current technical regulations regulating reproduction, protection and protection of forests, harvesting of timber and other resources,
Certification of forest products and products of its processing on the basis of origin is carried out to confirm its origin from forests certified in accordance with the requirements of the Forest Certification System, as well as confirmation that in the process of its manufacture, special registration and identification of forest products and products of its processing sign of origin.
The objects of forest certification are:
forest land plots allocated for natural, economic, economic and other reasons for forest management and forest management within the boundaries of one or more forest users who are applicants or their production units;
forest management systems and their aspects implemented within the above-mentioned boundaries: forestry design, protection and protection of forests, organization of reforestation and thinning of forests;
forest use within the mentioned boundaries, technology and practice of logging (for main and intermediate felling, other felling), harvesting of gum, secondary forest resources;
forest products and products of its processing on the basis of origin (from certified forests), and also received on the basis of or as a result of processing of such products.
FOREST ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY IN THE FIELD OF SUSTAINABLE FOREST MANAGEMENT
AND FOREST USE
GLHU "BELYNICSKY FORESTRY"
Sustainable management of forest resources is a prerequisite for the development of the country's forestry complex, improving the quality and competitiveness of forest products on the external market.
The policy of the management of the leshoz is aimed at observing the rules and norms of forest management and production of forest products in accordance with the legislative and technical regulations in force in the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
Forest certification in the Belynichsky Forestry is carried out in two directions: in accordance with the requirements of the international scheme of the FSC Forest Stewardship Council and within the framework of the Forest Certification System of the National System of Conformity Assessment of the Republic of Belarus recognized by the Pan-European Forest Certification Council (PEFC).
The main goal of SFMU "Belynichsky Leskhoz" in the field of sustainable forest management and forest management is to conserve forest and other forest-related resources, their biological and landscape diversity, enhance the ecological functions of forests, improve the economic efficiency of forestry, observe social justice for forest workers and connected with forests of the population.
To achieve the set goal of GLHU "Belynichsky Leskhoz" undertakes:
- prevent the reduction and depletion of forest resources and related other useful natural properties of the forest;
- in economic activity, we undertake to prevent pollution of the environment, minimize all other negative human impacts on the environment;
- to introduce technological processes, forest management systems and methods of forest management, logging, ensuring the conservation of biological diversity;
- improve the quality of forest products and products of its processing and ensure their safety for life, health, property of the population and the environment;
- to confirm the conformity of the quality indicators of the products to specific TNPA;
- improve the quality and competitiveness of products, facilitate its export by documenting its origin from sustainably managed forests;
- fulfill the international obligations of the Republic of Belarus in the field of forest conservation and sustainable management.
- in our practice we will continue to take into account the interests of the indigenous population living in the leshoz territory, help solve its social and cultural problems, and monitor strategic and production planning.
- the activities of the leshoz will not conflict with existing agreements, standards and other documents in force in the industry.
- Thanks to the existing program for training specialists, we can be sure that the skill level of specialists contributes to maintaining and increasing the biological value of forests and the implementation of labor protection regulations.
We will openly provide information about our objectives for forest conservation and their implementation, cooperate with public authorities, public organizations and other stakeholders.
Certificate of GLHU "Belynichsky Leskhoz" (clickable)
Certificate of GLHU "Belynichsky Leskhoz" (clickable)